for a lovely and invigorating mat pilates class at Ananda Integration.
Pilates, originally known as "Contrology" by creator, Joseph Pilate, is a method of exercise using Uniform Development, Breath, Alignment and Controlled Movements.
Benefits of Pilates...
- Strengthens Core Muscles
- Improves movement in your joints, back, shoulders, hips and knees
- Improve your flexibility
- Improve coordination, stability and balance
- Improve Posture
- Improve your athletic performance for: equestrian sports, golf, soccer,
running, cycling, tennis
- Decrease or eliminate back pain
- Improve your body awareness and the mind-body connection
- Tone your body without creating "bulky muscles" or compromising your joints and spine.